Shabby Blog Background

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Surprise From Argentina

As I realize the year 2010 is already have over, I found that I have not created scrapbook pages of my own life since 2008! So I have made a commitment to myself that I will create pages for 2009 and 2010.

So I begin with scrapping my most recent surprise! Our church in Scottsdale, AZ has a sister church relationship with a church in Buenos Aires, Argentina. In 2004, I was blessed to go and perform community service work. While there, I and 3 other ladies, stayed with the Pasquet family who are the most gracious and loving host family. Over the years, I made a scripture framing and sent it along with another team and also received back a espresso cup with their family name on it and a artist print that I framed. This month our church sent some of our worship team and also our college group to Argentina. I thought after our teams had left for Argentina how I should have sent a gift for the Pasquet's. So after our teams returned last Sunday, our young adults pastor's wife gave me a box of cookies and a family photo that the Pasquet family sent to me! I also learned that they still have my framed scripture on display in their home as I do their Argentina print and family cup! I hope one day to return and see them again and catch up on all that has occurred in our lives. They will always be special to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment